Sunday, November 27, 2005

Technical issue solved

So finally, FINALLY, I have achieved the Holy Grail of internet access here in Cairo--wireless access IN MY HOME! So with that I will begin posting afresh with all of the many observations and sights and scenes I am gathering here. For those of you rejoining after I'm sure 'many weeks' of checking in on the blog to no avail...sorry for the wasted effort! And welcome again!

A brief note on problem solving here in Cairo--what is needed is a period to gather information (all by word of mouth, of course), then a moment of clarity and focus, and a deep breath. And a leap of faith that you will find someone who won't totally rip you off for a service and the gathered strength to walk away or fight if they do. Once all that is done, solving problems here--like finally getting wireless access hooked up--can sometimes just fall into place like a ball of string unraveling. Why? Because here you can ask someone for help, a friend or a guy from a store, and they can come to your home, for free or for a few dollars. In the end it cost $18, three hours of effort, and a new router to get my long-awaited DSL to go wireless. Hamdulliah! Why did I wait so long!

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Dan Gonzalez said...

You should have told me. We could have scheduled a tech support visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home